Tuesday 20 August 2013

Healthworker Footwear Review: Part One.


I recently signed up with BloggerOpps to review some new work shoes from Magnum. The shoes are specially design for people who work in the health care industry, which was perfect for me as I work as a carer in a care home.

I've always had trouble finding shoes which are comfortable for me to work in, as being on my feet for 7 hours does take its toll. I've tried many different kind of shoes before and with most of them I've either had blisters or after a couple of hours my feet start to ache. Therefore I was excited when I was accepted to try them out as I'm always looking for work shoes which are comfortable as well as protect my feet.

I'm going to do this review in two parts. The first part will be my first impressions of them and then in a couple of weeks I will do another review after trying them out.

So I recently got my new work shoes, which didn't take long to arrive. My first impressions are that they are nicely package and inside the box they have some information about the care of the shoes. For example cleaning the shoes and drying the shoes, which is useful to know as I wouldn't want to ruin them! When I then unwrapped them my first thoughts were they weren't very feminine. They are a simple pattern with stripes across the front of the shoe. However I did like the fact the heel part of the shoe is made out of a stretchy material, which means the shoes are less likely to rub against my heel causing blisters.


Closer picture of the shoes


Overall my first impressions are positive, although the way they look doesn't appeal much it's all about the wear. I'd rather have a plain pair of work shoes that are comfortable then a pretty pair which cause me a lot of pain. I can't wait to try these out and I will let you know in a couple of weeks how I get on!




2 comments:

  1. I agree with you.. They may not look amazing, but i guess its for work, so you'd rather a comfy pair!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right they are so comfy! Thanks for visiting. x

      Delete